Monday, February 18, 2008

Mark May is an idiot

I have never really liked Mark May. Every time he talks he comes across as so smug. It is great to hear other people taking shots at his as well.

Terrell Pryor, the top recruit in the nation is still undecided and on Monday, broke his silence about signing day by taking a shot at May.

"That day was tough because I was being criticized by everyone for not making up my mind and signing," he said. "Mark May from ESPN is criticizing me on national television and he doesn't even know me. That kind of stuff really bothers me, when people who know nothing about me are talking about me like they know anything. There was so much media there that day that I had to address the issue, but I'd prefer to be left alone."

That is great. I think Pryor's decision to wait is one of the most refreshing of this signing season. So many colleges are pressuring these young men to make a commitment to their program as a junior or they will leave them hanging out to dry.

Too many times, kids decided on a college too soon and end up regretting the decision they made. I talk to kids every year who say the same thing. Pryor is taking his time on this and making sure the school he chooses is absolutely the right choice for him.

I commend him for it, and applaud him for taking a shot at May. If only more people would, maybe ESPN would realize they officially have an idiot on their hands and can send him the way of Trev Alberts.

No comments: