Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Speaking of the Big Dance...

Just looking ahead at the future NCAA Tournament sites, there are lots of opportunites within driving distance over the next few years to go watch basketball in March.

This year the NCAA Regional will be in Houston, but 2011 is the year I really have my eye on. The Regional is in San Antonio and the Final Four will be in Houston. Tulsa will be hosting as well in the first round, meaning I could cross one thing off my list if I can go watch all three weekend of the NCAA Tournament.

Here are the opportunities over the next few years:

2011 Division I Men's Basketball Championship

1st and 2nd Rounds: March 18 and 20
BOK Center, Tulsa, OK
Host: University of Tulsa

Southwest Regional: March 25 and 27
Alamodome, San Antonio, TX
Host: University of Texas-San Antonio

Final Four: April 2 and 4
Reliant Stadium, Houston, TX
Hosts: University of Houston, Rice University

2012 Division I Men's Basketball Championship

Final Four: March 31 and April 2
Louisiana Superdome, New Orleans, LA
Host: Tulane University

2013 Division I Men's Basketball Championship

1st and 2nd Rounds: March 22 and 24
Frank Erwin Center, Austin, TX
Host: University of Texas

South Regional: March 29 and 31
Cowboys Stadium, Arlington/Dallas/Fort Worth, TX
Host: Big 12 Conference

2014 Division I Men's Basketball Championship

Final Four: April 5 and 7
Cowboys Stadium, North Texas
Host: Big 12 Conference

2016 Division I Men's Basketball Championship

Final Four: April 2 and 4
Reliant Stadium, Houston, TX
Host: University of Houston, Rice University

No comments: